Thursday, January 9, 2014

One Month Old

Scarlett was a very fussy baby. At first we thought it was just colic but I don't think babies cry for no reason; I believe it's because they are in pain or something is bothering them. During Scarlett's first month of life, we found out she has Acid Reflux. It was incredibly stressful & she cried a lot. Her symptoms were mostly found during feeding times. She would move her head side-to-side while trying to latch, cry, arch her back, and claw me. It was stressful for the both of us because I didn't know what was wrong. We tried two different types of medicine and the one she is currently on is working, thank goodness! When she was 3 weeks old, I decided to cut dairy out of my diet and her colic symptoms drastically improved. We are pretty sure she is allergic to cow's milk. Not eating dairy has been torture for me. Formula is expensive so it is worth being dairy free but it's so hard. I am counting down the months until I am done breastfeeding.


Milestones
-She started to smile
-She can hold her head up
-She is very observant
-She loves her tongue
-Smiles with her tongue sticking out

We love this baby girl!






 Happy Girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment