Sunday, January 19, 2014

3 Months Old

Time is seriously flying by. It seems like the sleepless nights are long and will never end but when I look back at pictures of when she was first born, I can't believe how much has changed in just that short time! She has definitely grown & become easier to handle but with each growth comes a new set of challenges. 

I will be honest, I had a really hard time when Scarlett was born. I was not ready for a child & being pregnant for 10 months didn't prepare me for what was ahead. I had no idea what I was getting into until I was actually in it! Bring with it a baby who has acid reflux, a dairy allergy, sleepless nights, changing hormones, no free time, etc. and you've got a big bag of grumpiness handed to you. 

I love her so much and I feel like I will do anything for her, but some days I couldn't help but find myself wishing I could go back to my old life, turn the clock back- back to where I could pick up and go to the store on a whim, shop as long as I wanted, clean the house whenever, stay up late hanging out with friends, sleep in, etc. No one tells you how isolating it is & it’s not like you ever see a Facebook status saying “I just had a baby and I’m not really enjoying it.”

As she is getting older, it is definitely getting easier (thank goodness for time!) but boy has my life changed! I am so excited to keep watching her grow!

Sorry to be long winded but here are some 3 month pictures!

Scarlett sleeping next to her cousin Taysen

Scarlett is a side sleeper & has been since day one!



We love this little snow suit for late night walks in the cold. It makes us laugh because she looks like Ralphie!

One of our New Year resolutions is to get into mountain biking! This was my first workout post-partum and it was SO hard but I'm super excited to get back into shape!

Step Father-in-law Dave coaches spin classes & invited me along!

Sucking on Daddy's finger

Silly face!

 Doing tummy time on the Boppy!

We have always gotten a kick out of Scarlett's hair since day 1. She is bald everywhere else but has these 1" long hairs in the back! So funny... especially when she has bed head and her hairs stick out like a beak!




So sick of pumping!

First time in the Bumbo seat







Milestones

- Started grabbing her toes
- Cooing is turning into yelling/screaming
- Kicks alot & tries to kick the toys on her play mat
- Loves showers
- Sleeping 10 hour stretches with one feeding in between



No comments:

Post a Comment