Sunday, December 18, 2011

Surprise iMac

Spencer has been wanting an iMac for so long. I convinced him to wait until after Christmas with no real good reasoning other than that they are expensive and I didn't feel like spending the money right now. (Secretly, I've been wanting one too so I can learn all of the Adobe programs) If we aren't getting one after Christmas then we probably won't get one for a LONG time, Spencer thought, because Terri's so stubborn. I invited him on a surprise date for Thursday, December 15th to celebrate his last final of the semester. I'd been telling him lately that I just wanted to get hot chocolate and drive around looking at people's lights for a date night so he figured that's what we were doing, or going to Temple Square. As we drove downtown, he was trying to be nice and say things like "I thought you already got your feel for the lights at Temple Square this year" because he REALLY didn't want to go. I smiled and said "maybe that's what we're doing, and maybe not"

***
We arrived at The Gateway and wandered through a few stores. We stopped at Starbucks and rewarded ourselves each to a Frappuccino.

We then headed to the Mac store. As we approached the store, Spencer said "Oh, I'll show you the Mac I want!" and I turned to him and said something like "We're taking it home tonight."The smile on his face was priceless. The whole time we were in the store, he kept saying "I don't believe you" or "You're lying to me". How could this be real?! This picture doesn't describe it very well. He was embarrassed I was taking a picture because he didn't want to look like a tourist.

And there is the beauty that I am now typing on.
Best surprise date....EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment