Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hawaii Part 1

You guys... I'm ruined! I have to get back here someday. It is so incredibly beautiful and there's a lot to see and do. I don't think I could ever live here but I was seriously in heaven. Best. Vacation. Ever. 

Pounders Beach - Literally a 2 second walk from our beach house
 All of us at the house
 The Beach House
 Spencer was so sleepy on the plane. It was about 1:00am!
 Neat-o.
 Don't worry - Spencer was trying to make friends with the crabs.
 My step sister-in-law Megan
 Just waking up in the morning and hanging out on the bed!
 This was actually funny & sad. Megan went to get a banana off of the tree in our backyard and since it wasn't ripe, the weight of the banana's made the entire tree topple over, thus making it so we had no choice but to remove the entire banana cluster off of the tree. Megan felt so bad because it was a complete accident. We didn't get to eat them until the 3rd to last day we were there because they hadn't ripened until then!
 Sweet husband left these beautiful flowers on my pillow one night. The flowers in Hawaii are so bright and vibrant!
 The only day we couldn't go to the beach was Sunday. We had no choice but to play games outside! It was so----o humid that I couldn't take a nap without waking up with sweat dripping down my entire body.
 The best shave ice I have ever had. I got the one with Mac Nut ice cream at the bottom and their tropical syrup flavors. We went 2 more times before the vacation was over. Nbd.
 Spence is hot!
 This was hands down the best grill on the North Shore. We ate here one night on a date with just the two of us after we had already eaten there the day or 2 before with the rest of the family; it was that good. I got the coconut shrimp and Spence got a teriyaki hamburger. 

 The burger was bigger than her face!
 Our 1st real day in Hawaii we went on a 12 mile hike to Laie falls. This is the longest hike I have ever been on in my life. I was so sore the next few days afterward but it was still fun and I'm glad we did it. 
The falls were a little puny and we were disappointed but we still sat and relaxed. Spence cut up a fresh Mango for us while we were resting. Which by the way - best mango I've ever had. It came straight from a fruit stand off the side of the road.
 We had 2 rental cars so sometimes Spence and I would get away just the 2 of us. We stopped at the Foodland (grocery store) and got some Macadamia Nut ice cream. I am so sad that this isn't in Utah because it's seriously thee best!
 Spam was everwhere. Macadamia nuts with Spam anyone?
 My good friend JP told us to try this bakery and get some Haupia pie (Chocolate, Coconut Cream Pie). It was excellent!
 The China Man's Hat
 One day we drove all the way to Hanauma Bay (an hour away from our house) and when we got there, it was closed. Freaking CLOSED! It turns out they close it every Tuesday to preserve nature. I was so bummed because I've heard it's beautiful. Anyway- since we had to turn around and go back, we stopped at this scenic lookout point and took pictures. Isn't that A-Mazing?!


 Waimea Bay - the water is SO blue!

 Waimea Rock - Look close, there's Summer & Mackenzie jumping off!

 This was my favorite beach. 
 Christine did glitter toes for me and I made Spencer take a picture because they looked so cute in the sand and sun!

 Jeff catching the football. Sweet shot.

Part 2 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment