Saturday, September 11, 2010

Grandma's House


Spencer's Grandma Luck is huge into gardening and I love it because we definitely benefit from it! She has a ton of fruit trees in her back yard and when the fruit is ready to be picked she invites us over and let's us pick and take as many as we want! Right now it is pear season so today (9/11/10) we went over and picked some pears! They are one of my favorite fruits. The trees had a lot of spiders in them so I didn't pick too many but Spencer sure didn't mind and went to town. We ended up with 4 buckets full but only took half because we can't eat them that fast! The picture below is her goats. She has 3 of them because they keep the weeds down and when the bad fruit falls off of the trees, then the goats can clean it all up. We also ended up going home with patti pan squash, acorn squash, tomatoes, and cale. (Not sure if those are spelled right)




3 comments:

  1. ter, sorry but how do you stay so skinny? it seems like after everyone gets married they get fat! you are this perfect body!!! i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Aubs- trust me.. it must be the shirt hiding it because I feel like I've gained 10 lbs the past little while! and thank you! I hope you keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Terri! Hope you don't mind if I blog stalk you... (creeped out yet?), haha, mine is brittanysblabbers.blogspot.com. Brady and I were just talking about citrus, gardens, and growing a bunch of stuff yesterday so I'm so jealous of you guys! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete